Friday, November 22, 2013

Facing Creditors



Step We Are On: Nine



Page: 78



Chapter: 6 “Into Action”



Subject: Amends

Good morning. Welcome back. We are still on page 78, please. 

The co-authors are telling us what may be likely while making amends.


  • If we are open and honest with them, what often happens?

Approached in this way, the most ruthless creditor will sometimes surprise us.



  • How do we go about settling our financial amends?

Arranging the best deal we can we let these people know we are sorry



  • What caused the need for these amends?

Our drinking has made us slow to pay.


  • What must we lose?

We must lose our fear of creditors no matter how far we have to go,


We still have creditors. But we must lose our fear of them. 

There is no shame in looking a creditor in the eye or getting on the phone with the IRS and fearlessly saying, “I don’t have it. I am broke.” 

Spiritually awake and aware people always tell the truth.

Our fears are falling from us.


  • Why is this so important?

for we are liable to drink if we are afraid to face them.



This is Step Nine. The spiritual awakening has already kicked in (Between steps 5 and 7) . 

That awakening is characterized in part by the abatement of dread and emotional expectation of harm. We “commence(d) to outgrow fear” began back in Step Four, if you will recall. 

If the loss of fear is not your experience, then something is wrong. And if something is wrong, then how far off can the obsessive desire to drink be?

It's close. 

Here's a tip on the IRS (or HMRC) issue: They will find you. Find them first! You'll be happy you did.


Peace and Love,
Danny S – RLRA

Real Live Recovered Alcoholic
http://stepelevencomesalive.blogspot.com/

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


* TAXES AMENDS (a personal reflection)

Despite a $300,000 TAX LIABILITY nipping at my heels, over a decade ago I "came in out of the cold." Restored faith does wonders. After being a “non-filer” for almost 20 years I am these days a legitimate, taxpaying US citizen with a voice, no longer slinking around in the shadows, grumbling about the IRS and the tax code, hoping the revenuers don't catch up with me. Now I grumble LOUDLY, with no anger or fear but with patriotic dignity as has always been my right –  but somehow now I feel the uprightness within those rights I had prior to becoming  a scofflaw. It makes a difference, to be able to look the world  in the eye. If you are interested in coming clean with the Feds yourself drop me a line and I'll tell you how it happened with me. It really isn't as hard as you fear - especially when there is no fear. I can help!  Find me on Facebook and we'll talk. https://www.facebook.com/danschwarzhoff/

~ danny


No comments:

Post a Comment